Thursday, March 1, 2012

Michael's Moving to Colombia!

Just in case you haven't heard, one of our own is being sent out as a missionary! Michael Conway leaves March 13 for Medellin (Me-de-yeen), Colombia. Colombia, as in South America, NOT South Carolina.

I had the opportunity to interview Michael on Tuesday and find out some of what he's going to be doing in Medellin. So here's a look:

The City of Medellin, taken by Michael on his first trip to Colombia

When and how did you know that you were called to Colombia?
Michael: Three and a half years ago the Lord placed Colombia on my heart. He started opening doors and quickly progressing for me to move there.

What type of work will you be doing?
Michael: Initially I will be doing anything the church needs (sort of like what he does now). Over time I will be working with church planters throughout Latin America and helping them in whatever they need. I will also be working thourghout the city of Medellin.

What are your long-term goals?
Michael: To change Latin American for Jesus.

How can the Alpha Net help?
Michael: By praying. Pray for clarified vision and that the doors needed will be opened.

Will you be posting updates?
Michael: Yes, I will be sending out a monthly newsletter detailing updates. I also have a twitter account: @msconway77. (To subscribe to Michael's newsletter please send him an email at msconway77@gmail.com)

What are you looking forward to the most?
Michael: Being among the culture and making new friends.

What will you miss the most?
Michael: My family and friends.

Anything you would like to say to the Alpha Net?
Michael: Thank you for three great years and investing into my life, it meant a lot to my personal journey. A special thanks to Pr. Scott and Gina and to my small group guys - I learned a lot from you.

                                                        _______________________

The Alpha Net thanks you, Michael, for all you have done. You have meant a lot to this network and we will continue to lift you up in prayer and support as you make this journey. We will all miss you.

So Jesus answered and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel's who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time ... and in the age to come, eternal life. - Mark 10:29-30

<> 



No comments:

Post a Comment