Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Am I really worth it?

"Am I really worth it?" "Did Jesus really mean to die for me?" "Can His blood really heal my infirmities and cleanse me from all of my sins?"

These are all questions which have plagued us all at one time or other, whether now or in the past. The truth is not what you feel or what I can convince you of, but what the Word of God has to say. 1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." That "we" includes everyone, not just those who have read their Bibles the appropriate amount or who have not sinned today. In fact, that's exactly who it IS for - those who have messed up. Isn't that amazing? God promises to not only love us when we do what is right, but also love and forgive us when we sin and need redemption.

The step we must take, however, is whether or not we believe His promises. This past Thursday I was blown away by the song which we were singing, which I had not really taken time to listen to. The song is "Break Every Chain" and a line is not one which we generally pay attention to:

"All sufficient sacrifice." That's it. That's the line that got me. Do we really believe that His sacrifice is all-sufficient? Do we really believe that He is big enough to heal all of our sins and infirmities? The verse goes on to say that "For our redemption, Heaven's gate swing wide." That's why Heaven's gates swung wide: for OUR redemption. For YOUR redemption. God loved you enough to send the most precious thing in Heaven: His Son. Just for you.

So what do you think? Is His grace sufficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment